Project and Time Management
When doctoral researchers take the next step in their career, they may move into leadership positions and need to manage projects and teams, be it in public research or industry. Polls have shown that while their scientific competence is usually good, most of the times these researchers need to improve their capacity in project and time management to deliver a successful performance. Thus, it is important to realize that scientists should always try to improve their organizational and communication skills, understand time and project management and know how to manage themselves in order to deliver a successful performance.
- Adopt a mindset that is self-aware and sensitive to diverse people in different settings
- Consider alternative perspectives (from supervisor, coworkers, etc.)
- Understand system dynamics and complexity of issues and actors
- Develop a reflective practice of learning
- Work towards constructive outcomes through collaborative processes in science
- Use theory to inform their understanding while applying pragmatic approaches